Our BayWISS Joint Academic Partnership is a platform and network for both young and experienced researchers alike, and strengthens the culture of academic exchange between universities of applied sciences and universities – throughout Bavaria.
We promote doctoral candidates' personal development, provide a structured path towards gaining their doctorate and ensure academic quality:
- clear supervision function, transparent expectations and structured milestones during the doctoral process via the BayWISS supervision agreement
- systematic introduction to the Scientific Community through external and internal network events and access to the Joint Academic Partnership universities´ graduate programmes (more on our events)
- exclusive platform for doctoral candidates, e.g. seminars, collegial advice, coaching, lecture series, symposia, training courses (can be jointly developed in a proactive and needs-oriented way)
- specific module offer “Introduction into Philosophy and Ethics for Natural and Technical Scientists” in cooperation with the Munich School of Philosophy (from autumn 2020).
- financial support for project-specific equipment, publications, conference trips, participation in workshops and training courses (including the cost of travel), as well as stays abroad for research purposes
- individual advice and organisational support by our coordinators.
Key components of the BayWISS "Verbundpromotion":
- university and university of applied sciences professors jointly and equally provide supervision and expert opinions on the doctorate
- no additional entrance hurdles according to type of university
- no differentiation in the doctoral degree according to academic origin
- name of supervising university of applied sciences on the university doctoral certificate
Upcoming events and important dates
2. Herbstakademie des BayWISS-Verbundkollegs Ökonomie | Digitale Veranstaltungsreihe
1. Herbstakademie des BayWISS-Verbundkollegs Ökonomie im Kloster Plankstetten
Feierliche Auftaktveranstaltung des BayWISS-Verbundkollegs Ökonomie
Gemeinsamer Workshop der Verbundkollegs Gesundheit und Ökonomie zum Thema "Wissenschaftlich präsentieren"
Get in contact with us. We look forward to receiving your questions and suggestions on the Joint Academic Partnership Economy.